Discover Britain's lost villages, enter a room that houses 900 frozen brains and unearth the secret chambers that saved countless priests in the 16th century...
Issue 4 of Ernest Journal...
- Explores northern towns by way of historical alleyways, snickets, ginnels, jitties, gitties and shuts
- Reveals how one man's ingenious craftsmanship and derring-do saved countless lives in the 16th century
- Enters a room filled with 900 frozen brains
- Searches for Britain's 3,000 deserted settlements – silent, empty and awaiting our return
- Investigates the mysterious and macabre world of bone collecting
- Follows a group of re-enactors as they pay tribute to the men who fought on Gold Beach, Normandy in 6 June 1944
- Puts three types of shaving razors to the test
- Explores the history of the humble duffle coat
- Delves into historic tea rituals from around the world