After six months of work, print issue one is finally ready to meet the world. Here's a brief insight into some of the wonders within our first satchel-sized 160-page journal.
- Awaken the monsters of our northern seas
- Enter the world of Serbian super-scientist Nikola Tesla
- Meet a fourth generation crafter of bespoke shoes and bootmaker to the future king
- Delve into the stories behind traditional panel beating tools
- Follow Alastair Humphreys' expedition across the heart of Iceland
- Travel to a remote island in the Outer Hebrides where a traditional coastal way of life is fast disappearing
- Join the slow coffee movement
- Create a wild banquet of freshly-caught, cured and smoked trout
- Peep inside a glass etcher’s workshop
- Explore Britain’s only tea plantation
- Seek out hot spas in the Westfjords
- Discover an Icelandic plane crash site being reclaimed by nature
- Learn the history of Swiss, Czech and Norwegian backpacks
- Meet the West Country brewers experimenting with wild yeasts and oak seasoned barrels
Thank you to everyone who has pledged so far and all of our wonderful contributors who have written, photographed, drawn and adventured on our behalf!