We're delighted to announce that issue one of the Ernest Journal iPad app is now on sale!
Hasten over to the App Store for your bi-monthly fix of slow adventure, curious histories, timeless style, wild food and workmanship.
Issue one of Ernest Journal...
- Delves into the 15th-century history of collective nouns
- Investigates the singular case of Dr Tuesday Lobsang Rampa
- Meets a community living in humble wooden homes on the edge of Dartmoor
- Has a butchers inside a converted railway carriage in Dungeness
- Interviews a replica bird egg maker inspired by Victorian natural history collections
- Tells the stories behind old barbering tools
- Follows The King’s Trail, a 400km route across Arctic Sweden
- Treads in the fateful footsteps of Mawson, Mertz and Ninnis as they endure the worst of Antarctic journeys
- Explores the history of that classic winter staple, the Aran sweater
- Meets the sour beer brewers experimenting with wild yeasts, foraged ingredients and seasoned oak barrels
- Embraces the tradition, science of sorcery of curing meat.
For the non-iPad owning among you, an Android version will be hot on its heels and the first print issue will be out in May. Thank you for your support so far!